Monday 10 October 2016

Stampin Up Star of Light Christmas Card

Wow, I just love this Star of Light bundle from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue. Not only does it come with a stamp set that has 21 stamps included,  you get 7 different and versatile Thinlits in the coordinating set. 

Today I've made a card using a combination of different techniques and my daytime class really enjoyed making this one.


Unfortunately the silver embossed "Christmas" has discoloured with the photo but it is lovely and gives the card a beautiful rich feeling. 
Techniques galore used here - something I really enjoy doing!

Let's start with the background. I used an older resist paper here but you can get a similar result using the Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper on page 172 of the Annual Catalogue

Start by sponging the background with Soft Sky, Pool Party and Marina Mist then buff it lightly with a tissue to remove any excess ink. 
Next stamp some snowflake images (I used an old favourite from Stampin' Up!) using Night of Navy ink.
Just dab the images with the tissue this time as the paper is resisting more ink and you don't want to smudge it too much.
Cut out a plain star using Silver Foil Paper and the Thinlits  from Starlight set. 
Cut out a detailed star from Pool Party card and layer it over the silver star using dimensionals. Sponge the edges a little to soften the colour.
Stamp the "Christmas" greeting in Versa Mark ( from Time of Year Hostess set) and heat Silver Embossing powder until it turns shiny. 
Cut the image out using the the Bunch of Banners Framelits and raise it on dimensionals.


Mat the card with Silver Foil card and adhere to a Thick White card base.
Highlight the centre of the star with a sparkle! 

I'll list the current products below and if you would like to shop from the comfort of your own home, just place your order and it will be delivered directly to you within a few days.

Until Next Time,


Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.