Friday 15 July 2016

Best Birds Watercolor Cards using Stampin' Up!® Supplies

This week I have focused on another of the new bundles from Stampin' Up! The Best Birds stamp set coordinating framelits and I had already pictured what I wanted to do with this set. 

As usual, with my eclectic style I had to use some complimentary stamps and for this set of cards I chose the versatile Water color Wash large background stamp.

Here is the card


This is the first of 8 cards I made; all slightly different but staying within a similar theme. You can see that I've used the lovely crosshatched stamp over the Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wash stamp and then dry embossed with a now retired Folder.

See how beautifully the framelits cut out the birds and branch shapes?


Lots of slight variation in colour combinations and arrangements of the birds and branches, but I kept the cards similar by stamping everything in Soft Suede and limiting the water colouring to Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Old Olive and Soft Suede throughout. 

I sponged the edges of the card with Soft Suede to achieve the look I wanted. And I used both the Blender Pen and an Aqua Painter for my colouring.


If you would like to create with this stamp set you can order it on-line via my Stampin' Up!® store
or contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website

As an added incentive for the month of July you will receive a Stampin' Up! Bonus Coupon to spend in August. The coupon is valued at $9 for each $90 you spend. There is no limit and there is a fabulous new Bundle coming in August that will only be available throughout August. So stock up on those essentials now and you will have free dollars to redeem in August. You will need to provide an email address to receive your voucher. Contact me if you would like further information.

Until Next Time

Happy Crafting



1 comment:

  1. Wow! These cards are beautiful. It is the best idea I've seen for this set which I finally bought. I'm not that great at watercoloring though so loved your color examples. Blessings on your craft. USA fan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.