Friday 19 October 2012

Stampin Up Pleasant Poppies Parade

At my stamp a stack last week I focused on the fabulously versatile PLEASANT POPPIES large single stamp from Stampin' Up!®. 
I fell in love with this stamp when I first saw the contents of the new Annual Catalogue that was launched in September in Australia, and it has taken me all this time to actually sit down and use it. And you guessed it - I do love it. 

I'm not one who enjoys making multiples of the same card, so I designed a few different cards for the  girls who regularly attend my classes. I know they can cope with this and they do like to try different techniques. It just shows how versatile the Pleasant Poppies is.


Don't you love the beautiful rhythmic lines in this design? I thought they would show up quite dramatically using the Black and White combination, so I used Stampin' Up! Basic Black card, Whisper White card, and White embossing powder. I love the strong graphic statement it makes.

The greeting is from the Stampin' Up! SEASONAL SAYINGS stamp set in the Holiday Catalogue.
It has some really nice greetings in this catalogue, in fact it has so many gorgeous stamps and accessories that I want them all!

I heat embossed the words in black, framed it in black and mounted it up with Dimensionals on top of Black Scallop dots Ribbon that in turn was mounted on top of 1.6 cm Organza Ribbon (p. 173 Annual Catalogue) 

I have more samples to show over the next few days.

If you'd like further information on any of the products or techniques I used please feel free to contact me.

Until Next Time,
Stay Crafty and Stay Happy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.